We are looking for another passionate Speech Pathologist to join our team…
Let’s Eat! Paediatric Speech Pathology is a private practice specialising in feeding difficulties in children from birth to early teens. We provide a clinic based service in Newcastle with home and centre based visits.
This practice only treats feeding and swallowing disorders and not communication/speech and language delays/disorders.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Paediatric Speech Pathologist to join our team. Someone who loves their job and is passionate about helping children with feeding difficulties. A good balance of being warm and caring but firm will be the perfect combination for this role.
- Must hold a bachelor or post graduate degree in Speech Pathology which provides eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Must be eligible for a Medicare Provider number
- Must have a current child protection clearance for working with children certificate
- Must have a current St John’s Ambulance First Aid Training certificate
- Must have at least 3 years paediatric Speech Pathology experience with some experience in feeding and swallowing disorders.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills including strong communication skills working with carers, colleagues and children.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, set priorities and time manage
- Current unrestricted NSW Drivers licence
Experience working with children on the Autism Spectrum range Experience working with breastfeeding and bottle feeding babies
Experience working with tube feeding babies and children
Experience working with children with a range of special needs including Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome and other developmental disabilities/syndromes
Experience with Modified Barium Swallow, Cervical Auscultation or similar feeding assessments
Feeding specific training: the SOS Approach to Feeding, Sensational Mealtimes, Post graduate Feeding course or similar feeding specific courses
ABOUT THE POSITION
This role will commence as a casual employee position with the view to progressing to a permanent part-time employee role after a period of time. Working hours and days can be negotiated prior to commencement. Professional mentoring and work shadowing will be provided throughout the time with Let’s Eat!
Paediatric Speech Pathology. Start date is negotiable.
If you would like further information, please contact Valerie Gent via email Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website on www.letseatspeech.com.au
Applications close Sunday 23rd April 2017 – please email a copy of your CV and application letter to the email listed above. Jason Croom Jersey